This online course was created by UNESCO in 2016. While it is suitable for anyone who wants to learn about strengthening the enabling environment for WASH service delivery, it is specifically intended for UNICEF WASH Chiefs and WASH focal points responsible for strengthening the enabling environment for WASH service delivery.
Length: Approximately five hours.
Methodology: Seven self paced modules. The “Introduction” module is a prerequisite and must be taken before the other modules. The remaining modules are stand alone and can be undertaken in any order.
1. Introduction to WASH Enabling Environment
1.1 Political Leadership
2. Sector Policy and Strategy
3. Institutional Arrangements
3.1 Sector Coordination
3.2 Service Delivery Arrangements
3.3 Regulation and Accountability
4. Sector Planning
5. Sector Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
6. Sector Budgeting and Financing
7. Sector Capacity Development